Monday, October 09, 2006

Secretpal 9 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I do not have a favorite yet, I can tell you what I have knit with so far and all have been good. Lorna Lace, Debbie Bliss, Jaegar, Knitpicks, Caron Simply Soft. I would say I don't care for the eyelash yarn.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Right now, nothing.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? A little over two years. I learned from books and knitting videos online. I would say I am an intermediate now (I hope).
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No, but I am thinking about creating one
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.) Vanilla, Cinnamon, Apple, Lavendar, Lilac
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Yes. Candy, chocolate with almonds - Cakes - lemon pound cake.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? Scrapbooking, making cards. No, I dot know how to spin - would like to learn.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Jazz, R&B, Rap, Pop, some classical, Rock (some). Yes it can
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I like all colors, if I had to pick one I like I would say earthy tones, green's, brown's, gray's, black.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have been with the same guy for almost 15 years, we have three kids together and we are in the process of buying a home. No pets
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I love scarves. Will wear mittens and maybe a hat or poncho depending on how it looks.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I love knitting scarves and am falling for socks and moving into sweaters and I like it. Will do more.
13. What are you knitting right now? I am knitting Knittys Starsky
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? If it doesn't look handmade, I will love it. If it is constructed poorly, I will not like it.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Depends on the project, I have not worked with bamboo, I have with wood. Aluminum had a better feel than plastic. Wouldn't mind trying rosewood or bamboo
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Do children legs/arms count? No.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? 3 months
18. What is your favorite holiday? Family holidays - Thanksgiving & Christmas
19. Is there anything that you collect? No
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Hum...... Book - Stitch Dictionary or good knitting reference book. Yarn: Cherry Hill Sock, Socks that Rock and Artful yarn, needles - Knitpick circular set or some rosewood needles. Patterns, I will have to think, so many to name.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? To design my own patterns, confidence in knitting socks and sweaters. Also to learn how to dye yarn.
22. Are you a sock knitter? Yes What are your foot measurements? 9-9.5 US, if you can not do 9.5, than 9 (10 will be too big).
23. When is your birthday? May 15th

No comments: