Friday, September 05, 2008

REDAMNDICULOUS - Fireplace continued

Mr. Conservative: (comes in the room smiling, boyfriend thinks the fireplace is fixed): Hey, what’s up? Did the Fireplace peeps come
Me: Nope.
Mr. C: WHAT? (picks up the phone)
Me: Before you call, let me tell you my convo I had earlier.
Mr. C:
It’s 2, I thought you said they will be here by 1?
Me: Um, yeah and I thought you said they would be here at 9.

Mr. C calls the people and they said they are still sending someone and that the dispatcher spoke to your wife earlier and said someone was coming. (they are lucky I did not get on that damn phone).

At about 4:30 the guy shows up (ain’t that some shit).

Fireplace guy: How do you shut off the gas?

Mr. C & I look at each other with the WTF face.

FPG: Do you have the manual?

Mr. C is shaking his head and I am wondering if I should clear the house before we all get blown up. I go upstairs and get the manual because my beloved (men – yes I said it) could not find it. Took me all of 30 seconds.

FPG: Oh, okay. Thank you.

This guy does all this stuff and then realize. Guess what people? WE NEED A PIECE AND IT NEEDS TO BE ORDERED. WTF. Oh and it is not the original piece they were suppose to fix today, it is a different piece. THIS IS SOME BULLSHIT!!!

See I have a problem with this and I try to let my husband be in charge of some stuff, because hell, why should I do everything.

In April, we had the same company come out because the fireplace would not stay lit. Someone came out diagnosed the problem and we were like okay cool. We decided we would get it fixed later because summer was approaching.

Well, my husband scheduled the appt for yesterday and they sent someone over and now they are saying a different piece, and by the way, it now cost $165 - not free, or $119.

This shit right here burns me up. You do not show up when you are supposed to and the dispatcher is an asshole. The person you originally sent out to diagnose the problem, diagnosed it wrong and you want to hear the kicker of all this shit.

Fireplace guy: Hey, the company will ask me did I collect any money from you guys and I will tell them, no, this is a continuation of the last visit. No need to make the company rich right?

Mr. C: Um, okay.

Me & Mr. C when his ass left. Shit, he better tell the company that, because we was not paying them shit.

WHAT THE HELL ARE WE PAYING YOU FOR TO RE-DIAGNOSE OUR FUCKING FIREPLACE?

So, a piece will be ordered. Which piece? Who knows, when they come back (I will not be here), we may need another piece.

To be honest, the worker who came and the customer service rep were nice people it was just that damn dispatcher earlier and all was not lost.

My husband asked the guy did they have a plumbing section because we needed something done with our dishwasher, he said yeah we have that side, but show me what’s wrong I am a plumber. We showed him and he told us how to fix it. He said that would have cost us $300 +. He also told us, if we did not fix it before he comes back to fix the fireplace, he would fix the dishwasher too.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

repair people suck. I mean, I am glad they exist, because I sure as shit do not know how to fix anything, but it is crazy how much they charge.

My husband can never find anything either...I joke that I have a superpower that allows me to find anything simply because I have a uterus. Super Uterus locating powers activate!

Still Patrice said...

goodNESS!! i mean dayumn

Beverly said...

girl, this is what i would do.
i would get out some pretty yarn and knit up some athletic support cups - cuz they need somethin' to hold up those brass ones they got!

Lisa said...

Cheeseonbread! That right there would make a recovering potty mouth fall off the wagon!

CiCi and CAJtalk said...

Hey woman.Hope you got that fireplace fixed by now. Where are you, hope all is well,,, I came to tell you,,,, You've been tagged, see my blog for details.:D