Friday, May 18, 2007

KnitPick Options

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

Guess what I got, yes, the options needle set and some more dpns. I have been dreaming of these things since last summer, but that is when we started the house hunting and stuff so I could not do anything about it. Well, hell with being good, I found the perfect excuse to get them MY BIRTHDAY . I think that was a good reason, what about you? And, I ordered some other notions and the Vogue Knitting 25th Anniversary addition. Why this book? I figured it would be loaded with patterns, but to my dismay it is not. However, I just glanced at the book. It looks like it is good for someone who wants to design. I actually do and I love studying and perfecting techniques, so I am putting this on my to read list. I just finished Bad Boy Brawley Brown I luv Walter Mosley and Easy Rawlins I don't know why more of his books haven't been turned into movies or a t.v. series, people would fall in love with Mouse and Easy!!! Now what should I read next - a classic or something else....

Updates: I can not find my Interweave Knits, so I can't block the damn shawlette because I do not know what the measurment is suppose to be after blocking and if it is light blocked or soaked then blocked (I don't thinks so). Anyway, I need to find the magazine. I started on the socks for my daughter, so far so good, I love knitting cuff down.

Anyway, pictures will follow. I am planning on celebrating my bday this weekend, with shopping and more, as you read in a previous post about the damn shoes!!! I think I need some after the trauma....

Have a great weekend!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment on the washcloth set. It is for my MIL, but she is out of town, so when she gets back I will gift it to her. Best wishes on your list of goals.

Evelyn said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I'm also a May baby, I have three kids, am an obsessed knitter and I live in DC. We must meetup and knit sometime!

urbanknitrix said...

Hi Evelyn,

Happy Belated or early Bday!!! Another Taurus living in the city -watch out!!! I would love to hook up sometimes(no pun intended) and knit.

BrownBerry said...

The PERFECT birthday gifts! I waited a long time before buying my Options too - didn't get them until I won some $ in Atlantic City :) Now I'm SO glad to have them. That binder is always in my knitting bag.

Virtuous said...

I complete MISSED this post! Happy Belated Birthday!!!

How are you liking the new needles??