As you can see, I am happy as a lamb this morning. I am a 33 year old, beautiful black woman and happy. I like to make goals and I try not to do it on New Years, but on my Bday. So, I would like to reflect on 32, before I make goals for 33.
What did I accomplish at the age of 32:
- I married the man I have been with for 15 years.
- We bought our first home.
- We bought a car.
- I went driving (three times, but I did it) I have my driving license, just scared to drive.
- I went to the mountains for the first time.
- We went on a romantic trip without the kids (haven't done since the beginning of the relationship - damn kids (smile)).
- Learned new knitting techniques, and branched out more
- Exercised more (not enough)
- Date my kids - give them their own personal time
- First full body massage (happy ending - I don't think so!!)
- Pay everything with cash (this was actually very easy - goal -house)
- Save at least 30% salary every pay period (this is hard as hell - did someone say sale!!!)
Okay, so what are my goals for 33
- Get into somebodys damn Master Program, this was on the list last year and as you can see I did not complete it.
- Do a new resume, everyone needs an updated one.
- Date my kids more - especially my daughter (13 and is starting to develop - need I say more) and the 8 year old - my 17 year old and I are already close.
- For the husband keep everything as is, we have a wonderful relationship, so I don't want to change anything there, he respects me and I respect him. So keep doing whatever I have been doing.
- Exercise more and I am going to set a goal of losing 30 lbs.
- Drive more. I AM GOING TO DRIVE TODAY (we will see)
- Continue to save money and try to stick to a budget.
- More me time (please)
- Travel more
- Swim more
- Read classics, expand my reading. I already read a lot, but I would like to go back and read some of the classics.
- Expand knitting technique (double knitting, dying, steeking, etc...)
- Learn to crochet.
Okay enough already, let me get started on this damn list.
Oh and let me say HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DAD!!! His birthday was yesterday. He told me when I was little that I was his present. Please!! We will go there another day with my father.