Friday, December 28, 2007

What's up!!!

Hey bloggers!!! I missed you gals!!

My holiday was excellent, we did not celebrate this year (for the second year). No tree, decorations, gifts. Nada!!! And, I got to admit it was really nice and less stressful. The only thing I missed was the decorations. I might incorporate that back into our lives, oh yeah and I cooked and baked of course. We will probably go shopping or something Saturday.

So, what did I do during this holiday? I knit of course. I am still knitting my daughter's sweater, I am finished with the back and am about to knit the arm sleeves, but this project is so monotonous, so what does a knitter do in this case - start a new project. My next knit project was to complete the Bandeau that I started for my daughter, Anger Management, but of course she saw me knitting it and said she changed her mind, she now wants the Ruffle scarf out of Scarf Style. It is going along quite well and I hope to upload a picture tonight or tomorrow. I am using the same yarn I was going to use to make the Bandeau, so I did not have to order any new yarn. Which is great because I am knitting from my stash until I get rid of some of my yarn before I buy anything new yarn (except for the scarf exchange).

Oh and I meant to tell you gals, I have FINALLY completed my essay and got my professor and friend (who happens to be a professor) to write references for me, so my application was sent in. Now, if my boss hurry up and put his in that would be great (I sent him a reminder before the break – but that means nothing). So, I should be starting grad school soon!!! Hopefully.

Also, I made some cute snack mixes for my coworkers this year and I think I did an excellent job. My kids loved the snack too. The only thing I would change about this project is the jar. The snack mix includes: Cranberries in Apple Juice, Sunflower Seeds (nuts), M&M’s, Raisins, Almonds, and Peanuts.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for a stressfree christmas!

Anonymous said...

I love what you did with the snack mix...what's wrong with the jars? I like those.

Virtuous said...

Heeeeeey we miss your crazy self too!!

I didn't bother with decorations this year either!

Can't wait to see AM model her ruffle scarf :o)

cici said...

How smart of you... cause it sure seems Like christmas jut came and went. I admit I did way less this year too. These years are coming to close together.. Congrats on Grad school. What a big task!. I love the snack jars.. i want to do some jars soon too, but im gonna put some cakes in them like these
http://www.supereggplant.com/blog/I love this idea.

NikkiJ said...

Wow, it sounds like you have a lot to look forward to in 2008. I'll have to keep an eye on you cause you just may be my new inspiration. How do you get your kids to go without Christmas? I probably won't do it, but I'd love my kids to be able to shrug it off one day.