Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Job, career, something

I blogged before about finishing my resume and starting to look for a new job. Well, guess what people. I have not been looking really. I have posted on websites and people have called me, but they are not willing to meet my price or the benefits are wack! I blame my job sometimes for spoiling me. These are my benefits.

25 days vacation
12 Federal Holidays
1 day sick leave a month
paid healthcare
5% retirement
750 medical reimbursements
5% raise automatic

I can hear you now, sounding like my mother - What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you leaving?

Yeah, I have said the same thing, I also had a couple questions for me.

Are you sure this is what you want to do? Start over?
Um, yes. I am bored. I feel like I am not gaining any new skills. I met with my boss and told him just that - bored and frustrated (yes, that is what I told him - he's cool). He took me to a nice restaurant and told me how much I meant to the organization and that he would get me more involved in some other areas. Okay cool. Well, that was over a year ago and no new duties. I am T.I.R.E.D of looking at numbers. So, yes I am ready to start over.

Will you take less money/benefits?
I don't want to take a pay cut, but I will if the benefits are good or okay. I already know my vacay will go back to 2 weeks. Some stuff I will lose, some I will keep. I can gain them all back. However, I will not skimp on Retirement, not having healthcare or my punch out time, I have to be out by 4/5 at most - remember I plan on starting grad school in the fall.

Honestly, I like my coworkers and my job is cool. I have my own office and I can close the door and chillaxs and don't have to worry about the bossman or anyone breathing down my neck.

Decision
I will be looking for a new job, I got the blue suit on, brief case, hair did, and resumes in the brief case.

I am going to a job fair today. It is time for me to be proactive and get a job.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, girl! It's so hard to land a decent job in today's climate, but you want what you want & deserve!