Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back to school.......for me too.

Wow!!!



Sunday we set down for a big dinner (Roast beef, fresh green beans w/smoked turkey, seasoned rice and texas toast) to talk about the new school year. Expectations, fears and myths.

The kids started school yesterday, except College Boy who do not start until Wednesday. He had to register - which as I told you gals, he had to do by himself this year. Well, I might as well been there because he called me a million and one times. I almost blocked his damn number. But, what's a parent to do. I would have been mad if he did not. Mr. Stefon is starting the 5th grade and Anger Mgmt is starting high school. And yes, I took pictures. It almost didn't happen because they started with the don't touch me, do I have to take a picture with him/her. I tell you.

My first day was yesterday and I thought I had everything planned out. Was a little nervous starting my first day, but everything was fine. I thought Graduate school would be so hard and rigid, but so far, what is being asked of us is no more than what Undergrad required. Have the same Know it all and students repeating the same question, while the rest of the class look at them like were you here in class with the rest of us? As usual there will be 2 TEAM projects. I so HATE team projects, I always get the damn loser. I already know a couple people I do not want on my team.

All in all, I liked my first day. I like the professor teaching style (so far). Only problem, I miss my family, especially Mr. Stefon. When I got home at 9:45 p.m. College boy came and talked to me - he wanted to know how my first day went (see why I love this boy), so we talked and then he said - oh, Mr. Stefon, said to tell you good night. I think me being gone will be the hardest on him, but I am only gone 2 days out of the week - taking two classes (trying to justify). He will be okay.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha at your hatred of team projects! I really hope you don't get the "damn loser" this time.

Glad to see it's not just my kids who act like they don't know each other when taking pictures.

Christie said...

Congrats on completing your first day! Mr. Stefon will miss you now, but when he gets older he'll look back and be so proud of you! You're setting an excellent example of striving for more knowledge!!!

Still Patrice said...

umm can i come for dinner? They say a closed mouth dont get fed.

LMAO @ you giving folk the sideeye in class... (I was doing it too.. just STFU already) lol

Sheila said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed your first day.

NikkiJ said...

Hey, I don't think 2 days is a lot. If it was one day, you'd still miss your baby. He'll be cool.

Hey, have you tried cheapbooks.com?

Just try to remember that you're setting the standard for your kids by your actions. It will make it so much easier for them to dream higher than you. College Boy will probably go for the PhD now if he wasn't planning it before.