Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Pleasantly Surprised!!

Yes Ma'am!! My peoples proved me wrong and I am sooooooo damn happy about that!! D.C. only get 3 electoral votes but so damn what, we count too!! We stood in line for 2 hours, but it was a good two hours. The line moved, until I got to the front. Why didn't I marry a man with the last name of an A or a Z DAMN!!!! Was totally hot seeing all the Andrews and Youngs moving past me.

I swear for God I got a little agitated when I saw a pregnant woman move ahead - um, that is NOT a disability, her ass can stay in line. Sorry, that was the bad side of me talking, although Anger Mgmt said the same thing. I even started looking at people with canes, like her ass is carrying the cane, not using it, but again, that is the Urban that was in line for 2 hours and the kids working my nerves. I had to tell them - I hope you know, I am on to you guys, I am not letting you leave just because your fighting with each others, so you might as well act right!! One

One of my coworkers who live in Virginia walked right in and out. What is that about?

College boy was so scared, didn't know what to do, but he got it done AND I AM A VERY, VERY, UM, VERY PROUD MAMA!!!

Mr. Stefon, asked how come there were no drive through lines, people shouldn't have to stand long. Then he wanted to know if you could go and vote somewhere else too. I told him, you get one vote, he said, how are we gonna get his man Obama in if you get only one vote - um are you trying to cheat? I then asked him, to stop complaining about the line, what will you do when your older and the line is this long? He said, get in his car and drive off, then said he was kidding. Anger Mgmt said, no your not. That is why me and College boy will have to scoop you up, because we don't trust you.

A nice story I heard about on the radio.

There was an elderly lady standing in line and one of the poll workers went to her and said, excuse me, if your elderly or disable you do not have to stand in line, you can come to the front and she said. I am 80 years old and I waited all these years to do this, therefore, I am going to keep standing in line like I was doing. I KNOW THAT'S RIGHT!!

So many people were taking pictures (did I sign a waiver?) and so was I. A beautiful, beautiful thing.

Now we wait.

5 comments:

Still Patrice said...

I voted today :)

Christie said...

I'm so grabbing my knitting and going over to the polls. Who cares if there's a line when there's knitting to be had?!?!?!

Virtuous said...

Yay!! BARACK 08!!!

KnitFloozy said...

yay!!!! yes we did!!! we did it!

Anonymous said...

You know, I guess 2 hours isn't so bad when you compare it to 8 years. Thank you for staying in line!